I’ve been blogging for 3 months now, and as humble as I would like to believe I am, I have to admit, I still feel the pressure of wanting to be “liked” in the blogosphere. As much as I’d like to say that I don’t need anyone to “like” me, or agree with my point of view, or even care about what I have to say…the truth is, in this busy land of social sharing, we all in one way or another want to be liked. We all want to feel that our writing has purpose, and that we are impacting and inspiring someone…ideally many.
At one point I questioned continuing my blog. A few times I honestly thought about giving up. And then I’d receive a random like, or comment, and I realized that my thoughts and efforts weren’t lost. I was brightening someone’s day, somehow…maybe during their morning coffee, or perhaps maybe during someone’s late night blog browsing. Nonetheless, people were reading…and sometimes liking.
My sincere prayer is that for every word that I write, and through every line read by others, that God is magnified. If my readers see God in my writing, and are in some way influenced to learn more about Him, to draw closer to him, and acknowledge Him in their personal lives, then my job is done.
You see it’s really not about being “liked”, its more about knowing that my voice is being heard. For me, it’s about knowing that God’s message is being delivered effectively. I write with a distinct purpose, and perhaps I may even be being a bit too transparent right now, but that’s ok. I say all of that to say this: I press on! Ministering God’s word matters, and you all, my readers, matter. So I can’t stop, won’t stop! 🙂
Today I was actually pleasantly surprised to learn that my readership has finally surpassed 100+ followers here on WordPress (through follows and email subscriptions), as well as on Facebook and Twitter. Today, as I press on and challenge myself to stay the course and not give up – also in honor of reaching this milestone – I’ve compiled a list of “55 Reasons to Never Give Up”. This list can apply to any situation. I pray it is a blessing to all who read and may need the nudge.
By the way, the number 55 is totally random, just where I landed! Please feel free to add more reasons that you can come up with to the list in the comments section!
And to my dear My Salt, His Light friends, thank you for reading, liking, commenting and following. It means a lot.
Peace & Blessings,
“55 Reasons to Never Give Up”
1. You are a child of God.
2. Don’t let perceptions hold you back. Live by faith, not by sight. – 2 Corinthians 5:7
3. Breakthrough is coming. Stay the course. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
4. God’s Word is available to instruct and strengthen you in every possible situation.
5. Tomorrow is a brand new day, with brand new opportunities.
6. You woke up this morning, so there is still purpose in you.
7. God cannot lie, His promises are true, it will come to pass.
8. God is working on your behalf. You may not see it, but it’s happening behind the scenes.
9. You’ve been blessed with a brilliant mind and a healthy body, so use it.
10. With every breath you are awake, alive and blessed.
11. God’s mercies renew each day and they endure forever.
12. You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength. – Philippians 4:13
13. Someone else needs you. Someone else is counting on you.
14. You are not alone, God will never leave you or forsake you.
15. Your testimony has the power to save another.
16. With God, anything is possible.
17. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. – Jeremiah 29:11
18. Everything takes time to learn and you will make mistakes…keep trying.
19. God created us to grow closer to Him and mature spiritually. During tough times focus on drawing closer to your creator and he will strengthen you to press on.
20. You may feel lost, but God has a plan.
21. Every time you get knocked down, there is an opportunity to get back up again, stronger.
22. God promised to finish that which he started when he created you.
23. God knew you and had a purpose for your life before you were born…even before the foundations of the world were established.
24. When God speaks a word, His word will not come back void. So confidently stand on the word of God and you cannot fail.
25. Pay it forward…be an inspiration to someone else.
26. God knows the plans he has for you, and His plans are to prosper you and bring you to an expected end.
27. Time and chance happen to us all…dream big and go for it!
28. God’s grace is sufficient.
29. God started a good work in you, and He is committed to completing it.
30. True wealth is not only monetary…being wealthy in wisdom, peace and love matters too.
31. You are stronger than you think.
32. Jesus believed you were worth dying for.
33. The only time you fail is when you give up.
34. You are the head and not the tail…a conqueror…an over-comer!
35. You are God’s masterpiece. – Ephesians 2:10
36. Maybe you just need to study more, or practice more…just don’t give up.
37. You were created in the image and likeness of God.
38. When you live for Christ, you don’t have to live for the applause or acceptance of others.
39. Don’t sell yourself short.
40. God created us to be contributing members of society.
41. If someone else can do it, so can you.
42. Let God and the people you love be your inspiration to persist and persevere.
43. Think about those that are worse off then you, who wish they were in your shoes.
44. Your success most certainly can make a difference in this world.
45. There will always be haters and naysayers. Stop paying attention to them and stay focused on winning (whatever winning may mean for you).
46. You deserve happiness.
47. God calls you worthy.
48. Difficult situations demand the best of you, and often times draw you closer in your walk with God.
49. God created us to glorify Him in all we do.
50. He wants to communicate to the world through us, this is why his gives us gifts, talents and passions – we all have something special about us that God can use.
51. God works all things together for our good…the good things and the bad things.
52. The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” – Psalms 32:8
53. It’s easy to assume that God can’t possibly use you. This is a lie from Satan. Let go of the past.
54. Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed. – Proverbs 16:3
55. There is still time to discover who you are in God, and decide who you want to be. God will help you turn things around.